Holiday Security Tips - January 23rd 2020
Year round, 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week BigHorn Security provides security services that keep businesses, homes, and individuals safe. We’re a Kamloops security company that you can see at grocery stores, summer events, weddings, businesses, and homes. Our mission is to provide the highest level of quality security services available. Part of that mission includes keeping the public be more secure. With that in mind, we want to share 5 tips for keeping yourself, your home, and your belongings safer during the many holiday seasons.
Holiday seasons are fast-paced and busy for most of us, particularly Christmas. These situations are easy for thieves to take advantage of because we’re doing more but not paying as much attention. Having safety precautions on your mind, and in some cases a security plan, is necessary for both you and your family. This may help you avoid being a victim to any accidents or burglary incidents.
5 Security Tips to Keep You Safe For The Christmas Holiday
1. No Impaired Driving: to avoid putting your family or your life in danger, plan ahead whenever you plan to consume alcohol or drugs. Not only is impaired driving illegal, it’s also a risk to your own life and everyone around you. Have a taxi, a friend, Operation Red Nose, or another seasonal service drive you when you’re planning to drink!
2. Tell a Trusted Friend When You’re Going Away: This is important because when you tell someone when you won’t be around for holidays, they will be able to report any unusual activity they notice in your home, thereby offering an extra set of eyes.
3. If You Leave, Make Sure Your Home Looks Lived In: This can be done in many ways. You could set up light timers to make your home seem like someone is around. Having your Christmas tree decorated and attached to this timer can serve this security purpose. Additionally, have someone check your home at regular intervals to look for anything out of place and to take mail and newspapers inside. Ask a friend or hire someone to shovel your driveway or mow your lawn while you’re away.
4. Keep Packages Out of Sight in your Vehicle: When shopping, don't leave packages visible in your vehicle. The Christmas season in particular is a prime time of year when thieves know that a higher number of vehicles have high value boxes in them. Don’t make yourself a target – keep packages at least under a blanket.
5. Hire a Security Company to Check Your Home: If you find yourself in a situation where all of your trusted friends are travelling this year too, but you still need someone to check on your home, then hiring a security company like BigHorn Security can help. We will make a customized plan with you to make sure your home and belongings are checked on. We can bring mail inside, shovel the driveway, mow the lawn, check for attempts at unwanted entry to the home, check the inside of the home, turn lights on/off, and more. When you hire a security company like BigHorn Security, you can enjoy peace of mind while you’re away holidaying with your family.
Peace of mind about your home and safety is an important first step to many enjoyable and memorable hoidays. For more security tips, or for help keeping your belongings secure while you’re away, get in touch with our team here at BigHorn Security.